DST Tools 5" Round Mandrel Slip Joint
Type:Round Mandrel Slip Joint
Working condition:High pressure high temperature(HPHT)
Application:Drill stem testing
The round mandrel slip joint, like other slip joints, accepts the movement associated with ocean heave or
temperature change without allowing the movement to disturb the placement of downhole tools.
The round mandrel slip joint has the
• Top of the mandrel slip joint has 4 3/4-in. (120.65-mm) drill collar profile for easy handling with the rig elevators and slips
• Maintains its full tensile rating when collapsed and locked
• Can be locked in the closed position for handling, reducing the risk of damage to the lifting/sealing mandrel
• Internally pressure and volume balanced
• String can be picked up with the slip joint locked; the slip joint can then be unlocked before it is run into the hole
• Provides free travel in the string to reciprocate tools without unseating the packer
A slip joint operates by balancing its volume. As the slip joint stretches and increases its internal volume, a differential piston within the slip joint allows the same volume of fluid into the pipe. The net result is no change in internal volume.
Each slip joint has 5 ft (1.52 m) of travel but can be combined with other slip joints to provide additional travel.
When multiple slip joints are run, they are normally connected to one another rather than located throughout the pipe string. The number of slip joints required depends on ocean heave and the amount of expected contraction
Features and Benefits
• Provides a variable-length joint to allow the pipe to expand and contract during testing or stimulation
• Keeps vertical movement of the drilling vessel from disturbing tool placement
• Helps space out the testing string when the subsea tree is landed
• Provides a constant weight on the packer during testing or stimulation
The weight of the toolstring (excluding tools, anchor, and traveling blocks) is used to determine the location of the slip joint. Once the necessary packer-setting weight is shown on the weight indicator, the slip joint is placed into the string.
When multiple slip joints are used, the top joint makes its complete travel, then the next joint down makes its travel, and so on. The weight indicator may show a slight bump as each slip joint reaches the end of its travel.
A pressure test can be performed on the entire 5-ft (1.52-m) length of the sealing mandrel OD.
1. Halliburton type, all could change with Halliburton parts.
2. All equipments are produced according to API standard NACE MRO175-2002
Below are spec for you reference:
Xi'an KINGWELL OILFIELD MACHINERY Co., Ltd. (KINGWELL), is a highly reputable supplier for oilfield equipment and services to Oil & Gas industries and provide complete solutions.
With over 10 years developing, we were developed from the beginning drilling service to manufacture factory who produce OCTG, DST tools and Solid control products.
Accordingly most innovative and reliable toolsKingwell set up a long-term science and technology cooperation, with xi'an petroleum University, daqing/ changqing oil&gas institute and jianghan machinery Research institute.
KINGWELL have experienced team, stronger enough to meet any challenge, we do believe honest is the base of business and cooperation, our aim is to build solid relationship with any part of honest. kingwell can provide highly efficient services to its clients resulting in accurate and timely deliveries at the best prices. Our products have been exported to Europe, American and Middle East.
- Payment : TT/LC
- Delivery : 30 days
- Origin : China
- Minimum Order : 1 set
- Packaging :wood case or steel carton
-Delivery Date:within 1-2 month(s) after receiving prepayment
We have some other related products as follows:
Any enquiry of above products or relative parts, PLS feel free contact back, and we will offer you a good price and show you our best service.