DST tools 3 7/8" Round Mandrel Slip Joint
Type:Round Mandrel Slip Joint
Working condition:High pressure high temperature(HPHT)
Application:Drill stem testing
The round mandrel slip joint, like other slip joints, accepts the movement associated with ocean heave or
temperature change without allowing the movement to disturb the placement of downhole tools.
The round mandrel slip joint has the
• Top of the mandrel slip joint has 4 3/4-in. (120.65-mm) drill collar profile for easy handling with the rig elevators and slips
• Maintains its full tensile rating when collapsed and locked
• Can be locked in the closed position for handling, reducing the risk of damage to the lifting/sealing mandrel
• Internally pressure and volume balanced
• String can be picked up with the slip joint locked; the slip joint can then be unlocked before it is run into the hole
• Provides free travel in the string to reciprocate tools without unseating the packer
A slip joint operates by balancing its volume. As the slip joint stretches and increases its internal volume, a differential piston within the slip joint allows the same volume of fluid into the pipe. The net result is no change in
Each slip joint has 5 ft (1.52 m) of travel but can be combined with other slip joints to provide additional travel.
When multiple slip joints are run, they are normally connected to one another rather than located throughout the pipe string. The number of slip joints required depends on ocean heave and the amount of expected contraction
Features and Benefits
• Provides a variable-length joint to allow the pipe to expand and contract during testing or stimulation
• Keeps vertical movement of the drilling vessel from disturbing tool placement
• Helps space out the testing string when the subsea tree is landed
• Provides a constant weight on the packer during testing or stimulation
The weight of the toolstring (excluding tools, anchor, and traveling blocks) is used to determine the location of the slip joint. Once the necessary packer-setting weight is shown on the weight indicator, the slip joint is placed into the string.
When multiple slip joints are used, the top joint makes its complete travel, then the next joint down makes its travel, and so on. The weight indicator may show a slight bump as each slip joint reaches the end of its travel.
A pressure test can be performed on the entire 5-ft (1.52-m) length of the sealing mandrel OD.
1. Halliburton type, all could change with Halliburton parts.
2. All equipments are produced according to API standard NACE MRO175-2002
Below are spec for you reference:
Xi'an Kingwell Oilfield Machinery Co.,Ltd is a professional supplier for oilfield products according to the API standard.
Our products have exported to USA, Canada, Egypt, India and UEA, etc with 40 FCL containers per month. Now, with high quality and short supply and good service, our products have got good reputation home and abroad .
Kingwell is a CNPC & SINOPEC & BV certified company, having all the Quality Systems in place for design, planning, manufacturing and quality monitoring & traceability to ensure our products match the highest quality standards.
We test our products strictly according to the NACE MR 0175-2002 Standard and our quality assurance period is 12 months.
Certificates endorsed by DNV/BV/ABS and Documents we can supply with the shipments:
1. Pressure Test Certificate with Graph and time recorded.
2. Function Test
3. Rubber Products NACE Compliance
4. Material Mill Certificate and treatment characteristics
5. H2S Compliance
6. Service Manual
7. Parts Manual
8. Testing Procedures.
9. Open up type tool drawing for dressing purpose– if any.
Inspection and Test Facilities
We own the world-class facilities with professional laboratory technicians. The main facilities are Surface Testing (Hydraulic Testing Unit), high temperature heat treatment furnaces, API Gages (Master & Working), Profile Projector, tensile testing machine, pressure sensor and data acquisition system, Universal Testing Machine, Hardness Tester, Nitrogen Pump, Function Test Pump, Ultrasonic Thickness Tester etc. All the goods must be tested by several processes and must be qualified when packed.
We also provide accessories and other related products, which you can find in this website.
The following is the pictures about products accessories and some other related products.
Payment:TT/LC:30% advance payment.70%before shipment
Warranty: Warranty period is 1 year after installation.
Minimum order: 1 set
Packaging: wood case or steel carton
Delivery Date: within 1-2 month(s) after receiving prepayment
Logo: KW, we can produce according to customer requirements.
Technical Documents: We can provide technical documents according to your requirements.
Additional service: Customers are served to test our products in our factory upon request.
The followings are some pictures about product packaging
Any enquiry of above products or relative parts, PLS feel free contact back, and we will offer you a good price and show you our best service.